Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pork Chops with Balsamic Mushrooms






I don't know if anyone would believe it, but this is one of the easiest meals I've ever cooked.  I found this recipe in one of  Donna hay's magazines - Fast 50 Favourite Things. 




What drew me wasn't the meat.. but the button mushrooms! Button mushrooms were my absolute favourite when I was a kid.. And I grew up on the Narcissus brand.. Yummy meal that took less than half an hour to prepare (marinating time included!)!




Pork Cutlets with Balsamic Mushrooms (adapted from Donna Hay)
I couldn't find pork cutlets at my local supermarket, therefore I used pork chops instead.
I've typed out Donna Hay's original recipe in here.

4 x 200g pork cutlets
olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbs of rosemary sprigs (I didn't have rosemary, so I used thyme instead)
300g of button mushrooms

Directions
- Marinate the cutlets in 1 tbsp olive oil, crushed garlic and rosemary sprigs for 10 minutes
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat an cook pork for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through. (I only required 3-4 minutes on each side for the pork chops)
- Remove pork from pan.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and button musrhoom into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Serve cutlets with the mushrooms and drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy... I would probably use fresh button mushrooms though. I can't stand the texture of canned mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete